- RT @LanaDelRaytheon: "Film-making is like sex. Straight men often dramatically overestimate how good they are at both." https://t.co/KV12Gy… 17 minutes ago
- RT @bromanconsul: my grandma rocks https://t.co/UPdgppQJ4Y 7 hours ago
- RT @forsoothsayer: My dad and grandmother made fun of me for telling them Lake Ontario was a lake (not ocean). They have never admitted the… 9 hours ago
- RT @guardian: Living in a void: life in Damascus after the exodus trib.al/Fhpz3m7 22 hours ago
- RT @themiltron: yum this cake is so [remembering that people hate the word "moist"] clammy 2 days ago
alif sikkiin on Is Egypt safe for tourist… Matthew Teller on Is Egypt safe for tourist… alif sikkiin on Norooz…. upyernoz on Norooz…. alif sikkiin on Norooz….
Category Archives: politics
Cairo, argh. The argh: So there were clashes in my neighborhood over the long weekend in which one person was shot and killed. Lucky for me, I was actually in Sinai at the time finishing my Advanced Open Water scuba … Continue reading
I happened upon an anti-coup march down Behooth St. in Dokki, Cairo this afternoon. Here’s a short clip.
This is the best analysis of the current situation in Gaza that I’ve read yet. Just about everything in the mainstream press is blather.
In this thread, I asked why the Canadian Governor-General, Michaëlle Jean, decided to grant Stephen Harper’s egregious request for the prorogation of parliament. I mean, she could have said no. Spaz responded to my question, saying: As for why, maybe … Continue reading